THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT
SELLING A HOME
With interest rates still at an all time low, many people are considering selling the home they are in to make a move up. Others are going from renter to buyer. Regardless of whether someone is buying for the first time or he or she is a seasoned buyer, if you are the seller you will want to make sure your property will show the best it can. The following tips will give you an edge over other sellers in what can be a very tight market.
1) First Impression is so important. Curb appeal is vital. Your lawn should be trimmed, sidewalks swept, front door clean, doorbell working.
2) Painting for a Better Sale. A minor investment in paint will pay dividends in the form of a better price and/or quicker sale.
3) Here Comes the Sun! Open the curtains and clean the windows so a prospect can see how bright and cheerful your house is. Dark, dreary rooms are not appealing to homebuyers.
4) Don't be a Drip! Fix leaky faucets. Dripping water suggests faulty plumbing and major repair bills. Discolored, rust stained sinks are also warning signs - they should be clean and sparkling.
5) Little Things Mean a Lot. Loose doorknobs or cabinet pulls, sticking doors and drawers, wobbly hinges, stuck windows - are negative factors. Check and repair all these minor flaws.
6) Safety First. Keep stairways and corridors absolutely clear. Clutter is unattractive and can cause accidents.
7) Bathrooms Sell Homes. Make bathrooms sparkle. Clean sinks and toilets and repair any damaged or discolored caulking.
8) From Top to Bottom. Let prospects see the full value of your basement, attic, garage and closets by removing junk and cartons. Rent a short-term storage space if necessary.
9) Use a Good Real Estate with knoweledge of your area. They will make sure to price your house right and only bring qualified buyers. This is very important. If your home is under priced you will not be getting the value you deserve. If it is over priced you will be wasting your time and your home will sit and get stail in an already tough buyers market. Qualified buyers only should be brought to your home. Bringing people who cant afford your home is not going to get your property sold.
With the right Realtor and a bit of TLC you will realize greater interest from qualified buyers when selling your home. For a small investment of time and money often the return can be incredible.
If you have any questions about selling your home feel free to give me a call or send me an e-mail and I would be happy to help.
Steven Pacchiano - 718-757-1951 / StevenPacchiano@aim.com